Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Moving Forward

Sometimes it is best to keep moving.

For instance, last Tuesday I had my boot camp class for the first time. I went all out and was sore through Friday. Yesterday I was back, was a bit more conservative because of my other athletic plans. After boot camp I ran 8 miles in the afternoon and had an evening Hip Hop class. While I am stiff and achy, I am not reminiscent of an arthritic octogenarian.

Yesterday I noticed my peroneus giving me some trouble. This is likely instigated by Sunday's trail run and exacerbated by all the lateral movement and lunges in boot camp. When I went out for my 8 miles and came back limping. After some massage and arnica, I reluctantly joined Hip Hop, notifying the instructor of my agitated lower leg and taking the movements easy. Afterwards, it felt significantly better. This surprised me.

Today -- self-massage and lots of downward dog. I need to get an appointment for a real massage. I have 16 miles tomorrow and will need a great deal of TLC.

No comments: